NEWS & EVENTS
In the Life of the Church: September 29, 2019
· This Week in Adult Education: Toni Morrison explores why we create “others” in her collection of six essays, "The Origin of Others." This 3-week study of the essays will discuss what our faith says about the "other.” Copies of the book are available in class, or in the church office. Please join us in Dodds Hall after Fellowship time!
· The Presbyterian Men's Breakfast: On Friday, October 18 Dr. Gregory Ripich of Cayuga Medical Associates will join us to discuss The Frontiers of Robotic Surgery. Breakfast is at 8 a.m. in Kendall, right near the Reception desk. We invite all men who are part of our congregation, AND we also welcome men from other congregations. Please let us know if you're not on our mailing list. Contact email@example.com.
· Monday Music Jams: The first half will be for beginners. After a short break at 8:30, music will continue till around 10 or 10:30! If you’d like to join or have more questions, contact Suzanne Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Women’s Wednesday Bible Study: Our group meets weekly on Wednesdays from 2:00—3:30 p.m. in the Heritage Room. The group will be studying the book Believing in Jesus Christ by Leanne Van Dyke. Leanne is now the president of Columbia Seminary, near Atlanta. If you would like more information you can contact Joanne Bartel (email@example.com) and you can pick up the books in the church office.
· Christmas Carol Reading: Be a part of our Ensemble Storytelling in December. Come one and all! These readings are to know how to cast you for your parts. We have 14 people, it would be great to have another 10!
· We will be welcoming an intern to work with our church! This coming Spring, candidate for ministry Susan Frost will be working with our church as an intern. We are putting together a small group of people who would be willing to reflect with her on a regular basis about ministry and her pastoral development. If you would be willing to serve in such a way, please talk to Kirianne!
· Announcing our next small group study focus: Parables! Presented in a refreshingly provocative way. Beginning with the proposition that our response to reading a parable should be resistance rather than acceptance. Join with other seekers to discuss Amy-Jill Levine’s Short Stories by Jesus. New schedule: 2nd and 3rd Monday evenings of the month, 7–8:30 PM, beginning October 14th at the church. Questions? Contact Suzy Courtney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Susan Van Sickle (email@example.com).
· Come to a Contra Dance! Save the evening of Wednesday, October 2, at 5:30pm in Dodds Hall to join us for dinner and a Contra Dance—with live musicians and a caller, and great for all ages! Invite a friend—we would love to welcome the community.
· Do you know a child who likes to sing? We welcome all children and youth to our Youth Choir! Starting next week, September 8, we will be rehearsing Sundays from 11:30-12:30 in the choir room downstairs. Snacks start at 11:15. Contact Director Kirianne Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions or more information.
· Church Parking Lot: Sunday mornings the parking lot is for churchgoers! During the rest of the week, some spots have been reserved for tenants and special events. Please check with the office and mark the board when you are using a spot during the week!